STM32WB55 - I2C Interface

STM32WB55 - I2C Interface


The STM32WB55 device part of the STM32WB series from STMicroelectronics is a dual-core microcontroller  and has two cores:
  • 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 core for application processing 
  • ARM Cortex-M0+ core for network and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) processing
STM32WB55 supports two I2C interfaces:


I2C of STM32WB55 supports:
  • Master Mode
  • Slave Mode
  • Multi-Master capability
  • 7-bit and 10-bit addressing mode
  • System Management Bus (SMBus) and Power System Management Protocol (PMBus) compatible
  • Programmable analog and digital noise filters
Clock source to be used for I2C on STM32WB55:

I2C is a peripheral and generally peripheral clock is used in controllers as clock input for I2C block. In STM32WB55, there are clock options for I2C block. As seen in the clock tree below and highlighted, I2C can be clocked from 3 options. There is an option (HSI16) to independently clock the I2C and no relation to the peripheral clock.


In STM32WB55, I2C can be connected to the following pins:


The below image is from the configuration file in STM32CubeIDE.

Post a Comment

0 Comments